Christopher Hutson is a distinguished trial lawyer with over 20 years of practice in State and federal trial and appellate courts as well as State and Federal administrative law courts, Courts of arbitration and mediation.
Mr. Hutson has represented clients in over 250 cases and tried over 50+ jury and non-jury trials to verdict.
As an attorney, Mr. Hutson prides himself on laser focused attention to detail, skillful strategic planning and always going for the win.
Mr. Hutson is a graduate of Baylor and texas Tech Universities and is fluent in English, Spanish and French.
Go here to read about some of Mr. Hutson's notable successes.
1995 graduate of Baylor U
1999 graduate of Texas Tech Law
Admitted to practice in Texas and in the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Texas and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Member of the Texas State Bar and the Dallas Bar Association.
- Take nothing Judgment for a Fortune 500 stock Insurance company against allegations of unlawful retaliation in violation of 15 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., setting a precendent for the standard of review to be applied in such cases.
- Defeated hostile work environment/sexual harassment claims under 42 U.S.C. Sec. 2000e et seq. Manufacturing & Engineering Services Company with offices throughout the State, asserting that the culture of oil field work relaxed standard for what constitutes "offensive conduct" in the workplace.
- Negotiated contract terms in a multimillion dollar international supplier agreement that preserved my client's right to compete with her customer in a lucrative South American target market.
- Negotiated a cost-saving settlement of a potentially devastating wage claim under 29 U.S.C. Sec. 206 against a local law firm for violation of Federal minimum wage and overtime laws.
Successfully overcame employer's potentially "case killing" defense that my client waived his right to sue by signing waiver contained in employee handbook.
- Negotiated settlement of multiparty litigation resulting in co-defendant agreeing to pay all damages claimed by the Plaintiff.
- Succesfully negotiated a $30k insurance settlement of claim for damages to client's foundation resulting from work on a neighboring property.